Sponsored by:

Comment, blog & share photos

Log in | Become a member
The Honolulu Advertiser
Posted on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Big Island man filling generator with gasoline sets house on fire

Advertiser Staff

The Hawaii County Fire Department says a man filling a generator with gasoline while it was running ignited a fire that destroyed a Kurtistown home Tuesday night.

Firefighters were dispatched to a 400-square-foot structure on 3rd Road, between B and C roads, about 11:35 p.m.

Firefighters said the home was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived.

The home's occupant was taken to a hospital with superficial burns.